The main RPost electronic signature service upgrade runs on RPost’s Registered Email technology platform and is unique in that it permits senders to send for signature and have electronic signing capabilities anywhere – from their mobile device, browser-based email and CRM services like Salesforce.com, and desktop email software – without requiring the sender or recipient to work outside of their favorite personal or corporate email accounts. In addition, there are three main user modes that can be enabled, designated by sender, user group or organization once they use RPost’s electronic signature service:
- Send for Signoff: Use when you want to obtain recipient signature or multi-party signatures on any document or contract without any document preparation. Send the document attached right from your email program. Note, the sender can countersign or self sign by emailing to themselves.
- Hand-Sign: Obtain recipient handwritten, mouse scripted signature electronically applied to any sent document or message body text. The simplicity of using this biometric signature service is unmatched in the industry as this can be used (1) with any document attached to any email sent right from the sender’s email program, (2) there is no need for any document uploading, document set-up, or recipient digital certificates or software, and (3) the sender can opt to conduct the transaction in a secure signoff process that returns an encrypted record in a HIPAA data privacy compliant manner.
- Quick-Sign: Records the recipient’s consent to the terms of the email body text and/or attachments with a simple recipient click in their received email message body or by reply to the original email message. The sender receives a returned digitally signed PDF record of the signoff content, timestamp, audit trail and forensics.
- Set Forms for Fill-in and Signoff: Use when you have a complex form that you post on your website or send by email to parties to request them to complete and sign.
- Smart Forms: Creates stand alone fill-in forms with embedded functionality inside the form that, at the click of a button, invokes a signature verification process with timestamps, signer authentication, forensic, handwritten and PKI digital signatures embedded in the resulting PDF format signoff record. This permits users to send an Adobe fill-in and secured form by email as an attachment to the recipient with the data the user inputs into the signoff form optionally automatically complied into a database.
- Sender Signs: Use when only the sender needs to sign (and timestamp, etc.) a document, email body, or PDF.
- Sender Signature and Authentication: Applies the sender’s cryptographic and/or handwritten, mouse-scripted signature sealed to the email message body and attachments, with a few extra mouse-strokes at the time of sending an email message.
RPost has five United States patents – patent numbers 6,182,219; 6,571,334; 7,707,624; 7,865,557 and 7,966,372 that protect this RPost technology in the United States. RPost also holds thirty other patents issued in 21 countries.