|RPost® Introduces On-Demand eContracting as Part of Outbound Messaging Services
Registered Email Service Upgrade Also ProvidesOptional Encryption for Secure Email
Los Angeles, June 26, 2007 – RPost®, the leader in managed outbound messaging, today announced an upgrade to its flagship Registered Email® service. The new release features an eContracting capability that enables email senders to execute custom contracts via email with the assurance of an electronic audit trail that records the transaction. RPost eContracting records the email recipient’s agreement to contract terms at the click of a single button within the primary message interface, empowering computer users to leverage the convenience and efficiency of email for transactions that have consequence.
Other enhancements to RPost Registered Email service version 5.0 include optional email encryption for compliance and security, a new meta data scrubbing tool that reduces potential exposure of hidden information within Microsoft Office attachments, and the ability to Zip compress attachments at the click of a button. This release builds on RPost’s outbound messaging services that allow users to send critical email messages and electronic documents with verifiable proof of delivery. RPost email users are returned legally valid evidence of precisely what email content and attachments were sent and received, by whom and when.
“As exemplified by our new release, RPost has worked diligently to provide the most robust outbound messaging services available today in a pay-as-you-go offering that is simple to use and complements any existing email application,” said Zafar Khan, CEO of RPost. “We’re proud to offer sophisticated new capabilities such as eContacting that records agreement between and provides both parties with verifiable proof of content, time and terms agreed upon. RPost’s mission is to deliver innovative, cost-effective services that allow computer users to derive more value from their email applications, while minimizing the liability associated with electronic messages.”
New Outbound Messaging Features
While email is used widely across corporate America, most professionals still print contracts, sign them manually and ship them via express delivery. With RPost, businesses can save time and money, and minimize paper waste by using email for even the most significant communications.
RPost Registered Email services version 5.0 includes the following new features that are seamlessly integrated for efficiency and ease-of-use:
- eContracting—Integrated into the primary Registered Email message interface, email senders simply check the eContracting box to receive an audit trail of the message recipient’s agreement to contract terms. Both parties receive a Registered Receipt as the verifiable record of agreement, and the recipient does not need any special software.
- Optional Encryption—Provides email senders with the option to send a Registered
Email message as an end-to-end encrypted message for added security, while retaining the capability of proving delivery, time, and message content. Email recipients will be required to insert a password to retrieve the message.
- Optional Meta Data Cleaning—Avoid embarrassment and the potential legal pitfalls surrounding the unintended disclosure of information by using this new feature to scrub meta data in a Microsoft Office file attachment to reduce potential exposure to hidden information saved in the file.
- Electronically Sign Email & Attachments —This feature allows the sender to electronically sign and time stamp an email. This reduces email phishing and hoaxes and makes it possible for the receiver, or any future recipient, to authenticate and verify the email author (the sender) and the original content (avoiding misrepresentation) without the need for PKI digital certificates.
- Zip Compression—Simply check a box to compress large file attachments before sending.
At its core, RPost pay-as-you-go services include proof of email content, delivery and time-stamping; eContracting, and e-signing. Advanced services include encryption, PDF conversion and information leak protection, combined into one tool offered at a flat per email price, which is about the cost of a postage stamp. RPost services have been tested, accredited and are used daily by the U.S. federal government.
Unlike hardware or software solutions, RPost delivers on-demand services that save its customers money by eliminating the need for costly installation, maintenance and upgrades. In addition, RPost customers can use standard web browsers to manage its service offerings.
Media Contacts: Jill Reed or Michael Kellner, Schwartz Communications, Inc.
(415) 512-0770, firstname.lastname@example.org